Tuesday, June 15, 2010

La Citadelle






Well, I spent my last tuesday afternoon touring La Citadelle du Quebec, which is the largest Citadelle in North America. It's a huge fort made of earthworks and stone walls that the Brits built back in the mid 1800s after us Americans invaded Canada for the 2nd time in 1812. It was pretty darn cool, and there is still a regiment that lives in the fort, it's the Royal 22nd Regiment, and they are the only completely French speaking unit in Canada. They were doing drills while I was there, and it was pretty damn cool. The fort is on the highest point in Quebec, so I had amazing views of the area, and our tour guide was very cool. I walked around up there for about 2 hours then went to the cafe and did my home work.

Tonight I'm heading to Pub Nelligan's for live Irish music and cold beer with some people from school. All I got for today, but enjoy my pics! A Bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment