Monday, May 31, 2010

First Day




Well guys, I have completed my first day in Quebec! It is a gorgeous city with tons of cool places to see and it's very clean and easy to navigate. It took me 25 minutes to get form the house I'm staying out to my bus stop, but it's not a terrible ride. I met some cool people this morning. I met a girl from Switzerland and a girl from Germany, but neither of them are in my class. I also met a guy from Florida State named Daniel. He seems like a pretty cool dude and maybe we can hang out while we're here.

I didn't have class until 1:00 pm so I walked around all morning trying to find cool places. I saw alot of touristy places and cool cafes, and I ate at a cafe near my school. My waiter was super cool and he told me about some cool bars to hang out at. My only problem was that people kept speaking english to me as soon as I spoke French to them, which was frustrating. Made me feel like my French sucked. BUt either way I didn't do terrible. I talked to two nice ladies on the bus this morning and they got me to my stop so I wouldn't get lost.

My teacher's name is Julie, and she seems pretty baller. There are 4 others in my class, two of them American, one Canadian, and one Chilean. We had a good class today and I'm totally looking forward to tomorrow. I have homework, but it's easy.

I was surprised though today how safe it feels here and how nice everything is, but everything in the stores and cafes is pretty expensive. I paid $10 for a salad and soup at that cafe, but it was delish and totally worth it. I was going to go watch the hockey game at a bar downtown called Pub Turf, but I decided not to, I'm too tired to move! Hopefully on Wednesday I can make it down there and watch Hockey with Canadians. They are hockey crazy here, there's hockey stuff EVERYWHERE.

But that's pretty much it for today, not exciting I know, but hopefully the craziness with begin soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment